Speaking of art, I have been recently thinking of some new projects and I resurrected an old idea I was thinking of putting forth in a new way: International Art Machine. So I bought internationalartmachine.com and intlartmachine.com. I was thinking of something like the old Defunker (which seems to have merged with BustedTees) wherein people could upload their designs – and not just for t-shirts but prints, coffee mugs, etc. And some profits to go to charity. So a user-generated art project, commerce site, good causes giver . . . if only there were a blogger.com for ‘web 2.0′? Anyone? Anyone?
. . . Thanks to Klintron of Technoccult for the Obama link. Klintron is quite the bright young entrepreneur; he just launched an online store called: The Swift Fox. Plus, he has a model for a gf named Jillian who has her own online store featuring delectable handknit goods. Plus, he puts on “crazy happenings” . . . watch out for this kid, man. He’s got cult following potential.
Original writing by Trevor Blake…
- Animal Sacrifice, Texas Style: “It appears that animal sacrifice is acceptable in Texas, but only if it is the correct religion.”
- Coffee and Orange: “Through a long series of strange and wonderful turns of fate, I live in Portland Oregon USA yet I can buy coffee and oranges any time of the year.”
- Suffrage: “In the United States, is there a relation between when a group of people gains suffrage and the percentage of that group that is registered to vote?”
… as well as references to…
- Cinnamon Stillwell: Honor killings
- Sara Corbett: A Cutting Tradition
- Richard Owen: Pope calls for continuous prayer to rid priesthood of paedophilia
- AP and Susan Harding: Mayor’s racy photos become the talk of the town
- Christine Clarridge: Phony psychic sentenced for bilking woman of savings
- Shawn F. Peters: Abusing Children in the Name of God
- Jo-Ann Goodwin and David Jones: The unspeakable practice of female circumcision that’s destroying young women’s lives in Britain
- Maged Thabet Al-Kholidy: There must be violence against women